Cordero al curry abundante de Shirin
900gm of diced lamb (lamb leg or shoulder)
2 table spoons of vegetable oil
1 onion (finely chopped)
Whole spices mix (2 pinches)
1 tablespoon of lamb curry spice mix
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
Thumb size piece of ginger peeled and grated
3 cloves of garlic peeled and grated
2 tomatoes puréed
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat the vegetable oil in a casserole dish over medium heat, add the whole spice and onions and cook till the onions caramelize.
- Add grated ginger and garlic and cook on a low heat till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the meat and stir.
- Add the Lamb Curry Spice and turmeric and stir.
- Cook on a low flame with the lid on for about an hour, stirring occasionally so the spice does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Use some cold water if necessary (tablespoon at a time).
- When the lamb is tender add the tomato purée and cook further till the oil separates from the masala.
- Garnish with coriander and lemon.
- Serve with naan or rice.