Shirin's Butter Chicken Recipe
2 tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of ginger and garlic paste
1 tablespoon of butter chicken spice
2 tomatoes puréed in blender along with 1/4 cup of plain yogurt
Salt to taste
Dry fenugreek leaves
Water to thin the gravy
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and sauté the shallot until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the butter, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, butter chicken spice mix and stir for a minute taking care not to burn the spice (add a dash cold water to cool mix down).
- Add the chicken and seal the meat.
- Add the puréed tomato and yogurt mix and stir.
- Cook till the oil separates from the mixture reduce the heat to low and simmer till chicken is cooked.
- Check salt and garnish with a tablespoon of dry fenugreek leaves and dash of double cream.
This recipe is also available as a pre-blended mix, which you can get on our site here.