Shirin’s Green Chicken
500 grams boneless chicken cut into 1-inch cubes
1 & ½ tablespoon of green chicken spice
Half a bunch of fresh coriander (stalks included)
1 tablespoon of mint leaves
1 piece of ginger (about an inch in size)
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 green chili
1 small onion
1 cup natural yogurt
6/7 unsalted cashew nuts (optional)
Salt to taste
- In a blender grind coriander, mint, ginger, garlic, chilies, onions and cashew nuts to a fine paste, add a little water to facilitate the process.
- In a bowl mix the yogurt with the green chicken spice mix and beat it to a smooth consistency till the lumps disappear.
- Add the cubed chicken pieces and mix and let it marinate for at least 20 minutes in a refrigerator.
- After marinating, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan, add the marinated chicken mix, cover and cook stirring occasionally till the chicken is cooked and the gravy has thickened.
- Season with salt, give one last stir and garnish with few coriander leaves.
- Serve with nan or rice.
This recipe is available as a pre blended mix, that you can get here.