Channa (Chick Pea) Curry Recipe
100 gms. chick peas (Channa) soaked overnight
1 chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tbs. of dhania jeera powder (cumin and coriander)
1 tsp. chilli powder
½ tsp. turmeric
1 red whole chilli
1 tbs. sunflower oil
1 tbs.plain yoghurt
2 hot cups of water
Salt to taste
Coriander to garnish
- Heat up the oil in a pan, when it is hot add in the chlli and garlic.
- When the garlic is brown, add in the onions and fry till they are soft and brown.
- Add in the tin of tomatoes, the cumin and coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric and salt.
- Stir and fry till the onions and tomato mixture is perfectly blended and the oil begins to separate.
- Add in the yoghurt and stir.
- Now add in the chickpeas stir for a bit and then pour in the hot water.
- Boil on simmer until the chickpeas are perfectly cooked. You can also use a pressure cooker.
Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice.