Aloo Mattar Recipe
3 cloves garlic
1 small piece of ginger
1 tin of tomatoes
100 gms. shelled garden peas
2 small potatoes cut into cubes
1 tbs. garam masla
1 tsp. chilli powder
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tbs. sunflower oil
1 cup hot water
Salt to taste
- Heat up the oil in a saucepan and when it is hot, add in the ginger and the garlic.
- When the garlic becomes brown add in the onions and stir till they are soft and brown.
- Add in the tomatoes, the garam masala, turmeric, chilli powder and salt. Stir until the mixture becomes thick.
- Now add in the potatoes and stir until they become slightly soft.
- Put in the peas, stir until they become part of the mixture and add the hot water.
- Cook on simmer until the peas and the potatoes are cooked.
Serve hot with rice, naan or chappatis and salad.